“Most people grow old within a small circle of ideas, which they have not discovered for themselves. There are perhaps less wrong-minded people than thoughtless.” -Marquis De Vauvenargues
We all, inevitably, come to a crossroads where we must embrace the fact that how we choose to live matters-or succumb to a thoughtless life.
However, opposing thoughtless living should not be construed as some abstract moral principle to attain, but rather, something that we can take concrete actions toward, to create a happier and more free life.
So what does thoughtless living look like? Here are some examples that Beau and Aaron discuss in this short audio conversation: Exist Anew Podcast #1 2:28:2013.
- Not considering or caring about what you eat
- Neglecting and failing to understand how to move for health
- Becoming overly dependent upon conventional health care
- Relinquishing your responsibility for social change to public officials
- Not reading actual books/relying on quick “hits” of media information
- Working a job you hate to buy useless possessions
- Watching excessive TV
- Obsessing over and comparing yourself to others including celebrities
- Being overly human-centric or failing to recognize your place within and impact upon the natural world.
Opposing Thoughtless Living Audio Conversation can be heard here: Exist Anew Podcast #1 2:28:2013